Over the past 12 – 18 months, several jurisdictions have adopted prescriptive data protection and privacy laws which impact Canadian businesses. This session will cover:
- What has the impact of the EU’s GDPR been on Canada, one year later?
- What can be expected with the California Consumer Privacy Act coming into force January 1, 2020?
- How to reconcile Canadian privacy requirements with international requirements.
- Should you worry about the extraterritorial scope of foreign data protection and privacy laws?
- Best practices when navigating global requirements.