Day One: Thursday, January 28, 2021
10:00 EST10 min
10:10 EST60 min
- Learn through an exploration of case studies where your blind spots may be
- Understand the inherent risks of carrier networks that are common to public and private Carriers
- Implement a resilient communications network using non-typical communications pathways
- Learn how to create interoperability between unassociated communications pathways
- Understand the importance of thorough and regular exercising of failover and business continuity plans
11:10 EST60 min
- Importance of the SME position in the command centre
- The need for a team vs an individual SME
- How to incorporate the SME group effectively
- Putting together the right team
- Hamilton Health Sciences SME group during COVID-19
12:10 EST60 min
13:10 EST60 min
- Why the COVID-19 crisis was different
- The science behind communicating risk
- How to effectively communicate to your public in an emergency or crisis – A Case Study Review
14:10 EST20 min
14:30 EST60 min
- Level-set expectations early; up, down, and across.
- Set the comms team up for success before activation!
- Develop emotional communications before they are needed.
- Navigating your audiences effectively takes deliberate preparation.
- Everyone is a communicator, leveraging the whole team.
15:30 EST60 min
- Communicating with the public in a secure, reliable way is vital to an organization’s operations, whether they are local residents or temporary visitors. An effective communication solution can allow you to reach targeted individuals, with relevant information, on any device
- In this session you will learn about best practices in planning, preparing and responding to critical events when being faced with the unexpected