Under a proactive pay equity regime, employers will need to examine their compensation practices. This will ensure that women and men working in federally regulated workplaces receive equal pay for work of equal value.
The Pay Equity Act: current status
- Who will be covered?
- Requirement for employers to proactively develop a pay equity plan
- Employers required to take action to address systemic disparities
- The pay equity process
- The Commissioner’s mandate
- Commissioner’s power to initiate audits, conduct investigations, issue orders and administrative monetary penalties
- What the Pay Equity Division is working on