Day One: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
10:00 EDT15 min
10:15 EDT45 min
- What it takes to attract, develop and retain talent from diverse backgrounds
- How to support diverse talent in trying times
- 3 steps you can take immediately to support your diverse workforce
11:00 EDT45 min
- Engaging employees in the development of a D&I Framework
- Successes and lessons learned
- Development of a Shared Goal, Pillars of Inclusion and specific actions
- Mindset, heartset and skill set for inclusion
- Application of GBA+ (Gender Based Analysis Plus) as the process of inclusion
11:45 EDT45 min
- The study analyzes data on the representation of women, racialized people, and members of the Black community on boards in eight jurisdictions across Canada:
the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Greater Montreal, Greater Vancouver, the Calgary Census Metropolitan Areas (CMAs), Halifax, Hamilton, London, and Ottawa.
- Analysis of data from five different sectors: municipal and provincial agencies, boards, and commissions (ABCs); corporate sector; voluntary sector; hospital sector; and education sector (consisting of both university and college leaders and elected board members who govern school boards).
12:30 EDT45 min
13:15 EDT45 min
- Why are workplace conversations about diversity and inclusiveness important?
- What are the possible purposes of a conversation? Should you decide on the purpose(s) before you start? Do all the parties need to agree?
- What makes a conversation productive? How can you increase the likelihood that a conversation will be productive?
- What is the difference between an uncomfortable conversation and one that is hurtful?
- How to prepare for a conversation and how to respond to the unplanned conversation.
- What are the minefields? What if the conversation goes badly wrong?
- How can you coach others to have more productive conversations?
- How can you develop the culture of your organization to encourage productive conversations? What tools and resources can help?
14:00 EDT45 min
- Inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection practices:
- Accessible job advertisements and job requirements;
- Fair Assessment best practices;
- Removing barriers in hiring and assessment;
- Accommodations during the selection process;
- Universal Design of Assessment
14:45 EDT15 min
15:00 EDT30 min
- How Accenture has developed processes for connecting with, interviewing, and hiring a diverse set of individuals through understanding and valuing different backgrounds and opinions
- The importance of intersectional recruitment that focuses on more than just gender or race
- What are the challenges?
- Understanding sources of bias
- How do you deal with the barriers?
- Principles of inclusive recruitment
- What works?
15:30 EDT30 min
16:00 EDT45 min
- Diversity sourcing teams and sourcing strategies
- Building the diverse talent pipeline
- Segmented approaches for visible minorities, indigenous Peoples, People with disabilities, newcomers, LGBTQ+, Women
- LGBTQ+ initiatives
- Removing hiring bias
- Building inclusive leadership
- Enabling D & I culture change
End of Day One
Day Two: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
10:00 EDT15 min
10:15 EDT45 min
- Identifying the root cause to DEI gaps within your organization
- Understanding the DEI Data Lifecycle and how to apply it to your organization
- Creating a robust operating model to support data-driven DEI objectives
- Empowering change agents with data
11:00 EDT60 min
- Where, when and how are ERG’s created
- Leading the EY Americas Professional Network Strategy
- Keeping people connected
- As a conduit for providing insights to leadership
- Leveraging leadership support
- Adjusting over the years while focussing on key drivers of connectivity, careers and marketplace that drive retention, progression and brand
- Communicating, setting goals and action items
12:00 EDT45 min
12:45 EDT60 min
13:45 EDT45 min
- Understanding racism in the workplace
- What the case law tells us about anti-Black racism
- How to use organizational assessments to bring anti-Black racism to light
- Responding to anti-Black racism when identified
14:30 EDT15 min
14:45 EDT60 min
- Repairing the harm caused by residential schools and moving forward with reconciliation
- Systemic barriers and discrimination
- Recruitment barriers that exist for Indigenous Peoples and how they affect recruitment strategies
- Insights on current challenges for recruiting Indigenous Peoples
- How to improve your Indigenous recruitment, on-boarding, interviewing, and retention best practices
- An Indigenous perspective and lens on recruiting
15:45 EDT45 min
- Why pay equity is a powerful accelerator in working towards diversity and inclusion
- What will be required in preparing for and implementing federally regulated vs. provincially regulated pay equity
- Timelines for the complying with federal legislation
- Where are you and where should you be?
End of Day Two