Day One: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
10:30 EDT15 min
10:45 EDT60 min
- What does self-service mean exactly?
- Building a solid foundation in the data warehouse
- Leveraging Agile development practices
- Developing analytics expertise outside of IT
- Providing support to the business for continued success
11:45 EDT60 min
- Information & Data States and how are they understood by stakeholders
- Achieve better integration across Architecture Domains by separating Information and Data Architectures
- Information and Data Architecture Owners, Stakeholders, and Consumers
- Operationalizing Information and Data Reference Architecture
- Benefits to the Business, IT and Public
12:45 EDT45 min
13:30 EDT45 min
How can public sector organizations better manage the increasing volume, velocity, variety and veracity of big data? How can decision-makers leverage even more data to make informed business decisions when frequency of data inputs is increasing at what seems like an exponential rate? In this session, Environics Analytics will showcase the power of geodemography integrated with high-frequency big data to make links about behaviors, patterns, trends and lifestyles of Canadians that can help inform policy, communications, programming and planning decisions.
14:15 EDT45 min
As organizations attempt to be more agile and adapt to the emerging environments, a thoughtful analytics implementation approach helps to speed the delivery and achievement of strategic goals. This session will provide you with ideas that work for organizations in establishing a growth mindset and a thoughtful analytics approach in becoming data driven.
- The approach and alignment with business through the development of an analytics program
- Creating the actual plan
- How to engage workforce and enable faster results from the use and implementation of analytics
15:00 EDT45 min
- The return of WYSIWYG
- Recognition of Infrastructure Fit
- Return on Investment
- Is IT possible without IT
15:45 EDT45 min
- Pros and cons of dashboards
- Limitations of descriptive analysis
- Relations between variables
- Advanced modeling recommendations
Day Two: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
10:30 EDT60 min
11:30 EDT60 min
- How the WSIB is using information to reduce workplace injuries/illnesses
- Building data capabilities, comfort, and literacy across the enterprise
- Quantifying the importance of workplace culture as part of the WSIB’s ‘Health and Safety Excellence program’
- WSIB open data tools
- Where do we go from here: making the safest workplaces in Canada even safer
12:30 EDT45 min
13:15 EDT60 min
14:15 EDT60 min
- Who said that government organizations are dinosaur-like and can only move at a snail’s pace?
- Who said that it is challenging for the public service to work with industry partners to deliver modern digital platforms?
- Join us to learn about how the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Vaccine Connect team dispelled these myths, and rose to the challenges presented by the COVID-19 emergency. Learn how the team leveraged the urgency of the situation to implement the VaccineConnect Platform, which provides key vaccine logistics, data analytics functionally, in addition to supporting evidence-based decision making at a federal, provincial and territorial level.
- Key Topics will include: stakeholder engagement, agile approach in a government setting, product management, streamlined processes, modular user centric design.
15:15 EDT60 min
Public Sector organizations manage hundreds of applications and datasets that are critical to deliver services to its constituents; top management needs quality data easily transformed into valuable information to make timely and informed decisions to efficiently deliver services while dealing with the continuous changes.
Attend this session to learn how the City of Brampton has successfully deployed enterprise analytics for several business units to make informed decisions and improve service delivery while things keep drastically changing. You will see a journey of 10+ years with outstanding results, understanding who was involved, what was done and how it was done.
You will also have the opportunity to experience some of the analytical solutions deployed in the City such as Council, Transit, Enforcement, and some others, deployed on the Cloud.