Day One: Tuesday, January 23, 2024
10:30 EST15 min
10:45 EST60 min
- Strengthen fraud prevention through proactive measures.
- Conduct regular program audits and evaluations.
- Implement stringent fraud detection procedures
11:45 EST60 min
- Implement robust threat detection mechanisms
- Establish real-time incident response protocols
- Regularly update and patch security systems
- Conduct thorough vulnerability assessments
- Foster cross-functional cybersecurity collaboration
12:45 EST45 min
13:30 EST45 min
- Discuss decisional frameworks that use climate data to help communities proactively adapt infrastructure, policies, and social systems to increase resilience
- Provide resilience success stories that have successfully developed adaptive controls to handle climate variability. Share real-world results
- Highlight regulatory and policy innovations by different levels of government that incentivize resilience. Share examples and outcomes
14:15 EST45 min
- Introduction to Strategic Risk Management
- The Concept of Strategic Risk
- The Relationship between Strategic Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management
- Key Principles for Strategic Risk Management
- Critical Steps for Strategic Risk Management
15:00 EST45 min
- ERM as a service to the organization
- Adapt ERM framework and concepts to meet organizational needs
- People are the key to success
- Integrate ERM into decision-making processes
- Build on success and refine as needed
15:45 EST45 min
- Brief introduction to quantum computing and recent developments in the field
- Discussion on the cyber security implications of quantum computing, including threats and risks
- Suggestions on how organizations can prepare for the age of quantum computing, including preparation steps that can be taken in the short-term
Day Two: Wednesday, January 24, 2024
10:30 EST60 min
- Understanding risk features of different kinds of AI systems
- AI as a tool – understanding the risks of bias, accuracy, robustness, etc.
- AI as an adversary – understanding the risks of automated attackers, misinformation, etc.
- Mitigation approaches
11:30 EST60 min
- Quick overview of AI to Gen AI
- Risks and challenges of Gen AI
- Regulatory developments
- Framework on how to address Gen AI risks
- (Hypothetical) use of AI in risk management
12:30 EST45 min
13:15 EST60 min
- Moving from Rules-based to Risk-based in Policy and Operations
- Navigating the roles of Public Risk Manager and Enterprise Risk Manager
- Foundational elements of risk-based decision-making
14:15 EST60 min
- How to manage and finance cyber risk in the public sector.
- Emerging risks in public administration – what is on the horizon?
- Risk structure in the public sector – How to optimize you risk culture
- Joint and Several Liability Work Update
15:15 EST60 min
- One of the most important issues facing the Public Service today is the changing workers and the changing work world.
- Dealing with the multiple generations (Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Generation Y/Millennials) can be quite exciting.
- It offers many challenges and many opportunities at the same time, especially now in the Public Service.
- Are you and your organizations ready for the coming generational transitions?
- How can you and your organization deal with the impending changes and potentially thrive?